4 NEWS Wednesday, November 29 2017 | NEW ERA Maria Amakali Windhoek The case of former assistant to the deceased war veteran Andimba Toivo ya Toivo has been referred to should be prosecuted or not – and if so, where he is to stand trial. fraud for allegedly wrongfully and intentionally withdrawing about N,000 from the late Ya Toivo’s account earlier this year. Making a brief appearance in the Windhoek Magistrate’s Court yesterday before magistrate Brand that the case has been referred to the prosecutor general for a decision. “We request a postponement for the prosecutor general’s decision. This is because the amount involved is over N,000,” explained state prosecutor Lusepani Tatelo. Kapof, who was the late Ya Toivo’s personal assistant and driver for a long time, was arrested on August 18, 2017 after it was discovered that he withdrew money on February 2 from his employer’s account before he passed on in June. The former aid was released on bail of N,000 at According to an article in The the banking details of the late Ya Toivo and had been withdrawing money from the account for the late Ya Toivo’s household expenses. Magistrate Van Pletzen, before postponing the matter, warned scheduled as failure to appear in court would result in the court issuing a warrant of arrest against him. Kadhila Amoomo, will make a return to court for the prosecutor general’s decision on March 16, 2018. Auto repairer evicted over N,000 debt Aron Mushaukwa Katima Mulilo Komu Auto State Hospital, a garage owned by Harris Maswahu and Likando Imwaka that specialises in repairing vehicles, is at loggerheads with its landlord, which has resulted in her removing some of the scrap vehicles from her premises. All this started in June last year when Komu Auto was issued an eviction order by the Katima Mulilo Town Council, which stated the place they were repairing vehicles from could only “be used for business pur- business buildings, drive-in cafes, hotels and motels”. Komu says this letter came despite the town council previously awarding them which allowed them to operate from the area. However, it was when they wanted to were given a cold shoulder by the council. Maswahu and Imwaka say after receiving the letter they ceased all work at the garage, and they requested the town council to provide them a place they could move their business to, but to no avail. The landlord however wanted them to pay rental fees, despite their business being on halt. They added that they have been paying a certain fee to the landlord, however things got out of hand and the landlord simply wanted them to move out. “We could not take the vehicles out because we had nowhere to go, as we were still waiting for a place to operate from, which the town council had promised to give us,” said Maswahu. “At one point when we were out of town she entered our office and confiscated some items as payment for the rental fee we were no longer able to pay her,” added Imwaka. Imwaka said that afterwards they confronted her – and it was where any love that was between them was completely lost, and they were given a week to move out. On Saturday they were left in shock after learning that the landlord had removed 13 vehicles, which were in the workshop, and “piled them outside the premises”. “If she just put them outside we could not be worried – but she piled them up causing excessive damage. These cars only needed minor repairs – now engines, gearboxes and windscreens have been broken, and these cars belong to our clients,” said Imwaka. “We are young people trying to make a living and a meaningful contribution to the economy of the country. But now we have suffered a setback – we don’t know what we are going to do,” he said. Contacted for comment the landlord, Liyan Sheng, stated that from March last year Komu had not given her a cent. She says they had an agreement to be paying a rental fee of N,000 monthly, but they did not pay her for 15 months, and they owe her about N,000. Liyan added that she told them in September to vacate the premises, but they did not listen. “After consulting my lawyer and the police I wanted to give them one week. But they asked for three weeks in front of the station commander. enough time but they did not remove the scrap vehicles, that is why on Saturday I removed them from my premises,” she explained. “How can you be at someone’s premises without paying anything – is it fair? I have to make money, and I need new tenants to occupy the area, but I could not do so because their scrap vehicles were all over the place.” gave them a last warning in a letter dated November 1, 2017 (seen by New Era) to remove the scrap vehicles but they still didn’t do so. The letter drafted by Sisa Namandje & Co Incorporated reads: “You are hereby given seven (7) days to remove the aforesaid scrap vehicles from our client’s premises, failing which, our client will have them removed and placed outside the yard. The costs incurred to remove them will be for your account.” Liyan also denied accusations she had removed vehicles with engine and gearbox. “I only removed scrap vehicles without engines and gearbox – the other two with engine and gearbox, I left for them to come remove themselves,” she said REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT UNIT PUBLIC NOTICE TENDER CANCELLATION DUE TO THE INTRODUCTION OF THE NEW PUBLIC PROCUREMENT ACT, BEFORE FINALIZATION OF THE AWARD, THE TENDERS LISTED BELOW ARE BEING CANCELLED. THE CANCELLATION IS IN TERMS OF SECTION 54 OF THE PUBLIC PROCUREMENT ACT, 2015 (N0. 15 of 2015). ALL BIDDERS ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT THE FOLLOWING TENDERS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED: 1.TENDER: F1/10/2-3/2016: RAILWAY NETWORK UPGRADING: PROCUREMENT AND DELIVERY OF 48KG/M RAILS: KRANZBERG TO OTJIWARONGO: 20000 TONNES - MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT 2.TENDER: F1/10/2-2/2016: RAILWAY NETWORK UPGRADING: PROCUREMENT AND DELIVERY OF 48KG/M RAILS: WALVIS BAY TO KRANZBERG: 20000 TONNES - MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT 3.TENDER: F1/10/2-4/2016: RAILWAY NETWORK UPGRADING: PROCUREMENT AND DELIVERY OF 48KG/M RAILS: OTJIWARONGO TO TSUMEB: 20000 TONNES - MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT 4. TENDER NO: F1/10/2-5/2016: UPGRADING OF THE AUS - LUDERITZ RAILWAY LINE CONSTRUCTION OF SAND SHELTER TUNNEL PHASE 1: BETWEEN KM 294,100 AND KM 295,748 INCLUDING RAILWAY SIDING AT HAALENBERG The Ministry of Works and Transport would like to thank all the bidders who responded to the tenders listed above.
Wednesday, November 29 2017 | NEW ERA Farming General Loans Small Business NEWS 5 Staff Reporter Windhoek Three people were reported dead from stab injuries. Windhoek residents Samuel Tsei-Tsei, 31, Ngatangwe Murangi, 21 and Mervin Immanuel, 24 all died after they were stabbed multiple times with knives in separate incidents. According to police reports all three were involved in arguments before they were stabbed multiple times which consequently resulted in their sudden deaths. A 33-year-old suspect, a resident of Otjomuise allegedly got into a Three stabbed to death he saw that he was wearing his shoes that were stolen. suspect stabbed the deceased,” explained Namibian police public relations officer Warrant Officer Hilma Amutenya. Murangi suffered multiple stab wounds on his back and chest. Murangi died instantly at the scene. and is due to make an appearance in court for murder. Immanuel who is the second person to have lost his life due to knives, was murdered at a local Shebeen on Changai Street, Shandumbala in the vicinity of Katutura on Sunday night. According to the police report, Immanuel was attending a braai when two men aged 23 and 21 allegedly Immanuel suffered a stab wound injury and was rushed to Katutura State Hospital where he was pronounced dead few minutes upon arrival. “The next of kin were informed and two suspects aged 23 and 21 years old were arrested and are expected to appear in court. Police investigation continues,” narrated Amutenya. Amutenya explained the incident left Wanahenda resident Tsei-Tsei dead, saying that he too was involved in an argument with the suspect when he got stabbed in his neck. On Sunday a case of attempted murder was reported in Otjomuise involving Ueyakoyao Uemena, 26 and a 47-year-old. It is alleged at a shebeen along Mamedi street when they got into the argument which led into a shooting rampage. “It is further alleged that and the suspect took out a pistol and shot the victim once on the back and once on the lower abdomen,” said Amutenya. The victim has been admitted in Katutura State Hospital and his condition is serious but stable. The suspect went to report himself to Otjomuise Police station and he was is yet to be retrieved. Education Medical Expenses Give your future Something to smile about NOW... • Up to 60 months repayment • Fastest turn-around times • Lowest interest rate Our Micro Loan offers you up to N 000, repayable over 12, 24, 36, 48 or even 60 months. At Nam-mic Financial Solutions, we have created a micro loan product designed to assist with your immediate needs, and give you financial independence as soon as possible. Contact us today on (061) 388 000, or your regional branch, for more information on our Micro Loan products, and let’s get you the freedom you deserve. Financed by - BW Finance (Pty) Ltd